Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Massachusetts... no, spell check did not have to correct me.

We are officially living in our new apartment here in Revere Massachusetts... and I am actually proud that I can spell the name of the state I grew up in.  It only took me until college to "sit down" and memorize it.  But don't tell anyone I told you that.  When we arrived three weeks ago we drove straight to my parents house and stayed there for two weeks.  In reality we weren't there for that long since we drove up to Maine a few days after our arrival.  We spent a couple days touring around Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.  It was fun, and I just wish that we had bikes to bring up there to ride around the park.  It was beautiful and helped me remember the beauty of the East Coast.
Dane getting his "fisherman" on in Bar Harbor Maine. 
 And this is me screaming because Dane caught me.  I was trying to sneak up on him.
 Acadia National Park, Me. This is by "Thunder hole." It's supposed to shoot water up into the air... It didn't really.  If we only had a hurricane around to get those waves a little bigger... Humm. 
 Acadia National Park
 My funny parents. Haha! I love that mom is posing... Proud that she was strong enough to make it to the top of "Bubble Rock," ...and dad is just confused.
 Sunset!
 Dylan, my cousin, trying out some of the local fruit.

Shortly after we returned from Maine we headed up to my parents cabin in Wakefield New Hampshire. We had tons of fun.
 We went blueberry picking!
 Dane tried his hand at wake boarding! I was SO PROUD!!!! Dane is really getting the hang of these water sports.  He got up on his FIRST TRY.  What a man!
 Dane also got up on his first try knee boarding!  This picture is hilarious to me.  We were trying to slap "high 5" for the camera... Since we were both looking at the camera we totally missed each other! (I tried to zoom in on the pictures, but blogger won't let me.  So to see more detail just click on the pictures.)
 And us cracking up once we finally got each others hands.
 It was windy on some of the days we were there, so to take advantage we just flew a kite off the back of the boat.  If the wind ever let up a little we could just make up for it by hitting the throttle on the boat. 
 See how high we got it!
 In the words of Jim Rome, two dudes should never ride on the same motorcycle.  Dane has taken that advice to heart, so when my neighbor would offer Dane a ride on his jet ski he'd just say no thanks. Eventually, our kind neighbor Barry figured out a way to get Dane on the jet ski.  He asked me if I had my boat license.  (I do.) We loaded up and Dane finally got a ride...
 What a character.
 We made a trip up to Diana's Baths in North Conway and we had fun playing with the settings on our camera.  We're still beginners, but we'll get better. 
 I also went for a ski. I'm proud to point out that this year I didn't stick my tongue out with out realizing it. 
 Dane also skied.  He did a ton of water sports! Can you spot the rainbow that he made?
 And this was moving day... Yes, Dane is wearing safety goggles he found while unpacking.  He makes me laugh. We unpacked tons of boxes... I'll post more pictures once we finish things around the apartment.  We found a really nice couch on craigslist, and my parents are kind enough to basically furnish our apartment. We have them to thank for our two dressers, bed, night table, kitchen table and chairs, and the start of our food storage and supplies.  Everything was at their house, except the table that my mom found at a yard sale.  We are so grateful for their generosity.  Thanks Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like such a fun trip! Have fun settling in -- and post some pics of the new place!

    ReplyDelete