When the day arrived we headed down to the basketball court and watched about 10 or so people shoot from five different places around the arch. Dane included. He was great. So great in fact, that he made it to the final round. The first guy went and hit 7/10 three's. I thought he was having a shoot out to get to the next round, so I was not stressed at all. (Which that was a blessing, I get way too into Dane's basketball... I'll be the worst soccer mom.) Dane did great at the first two spots, missed one at the top of the arch and then made all the rest of the shots until he had won it. He didn't need the last one, so he just chucked it up there. He won a $25 gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods. :) It was awesome. I was so proud of him.
Now the rest of the month will be dedicated to watching tons of basketball for teams that neither one of us cares about, other then for the sake of our brackets.
Haha last sentence is so true! Us too! Nice job Dane!
ReplyDelete