Monday, June 17, 2013

I didn't think I was a reader...

I didn't think that I was a reader, but then I started thinking about the books that I have read in the past few years.  I know actual "readers" will laugh at my short list, but for me it seems pretty large.  I hated reading growing up, and would avoid it at all costs.
Once I didn't do my summer reading since I saw you could do something artistic to represent the book you were reading.  I read the first few pages, (seriously... like 10 pages at most) and drew a picture of the opening scene.  I just found that picture at my parents house and was proud of the 100% I had gotten on the project... and this was high school.   That was one of the best "fast ones" I ever pulled.
Now that I'm not in school I've enjoyed reading for the most part.  I'm pretty impressed with the 20 books I counted up.  I tried with a few more, but those got the ax once they weren't holding up my expectations... or my attention span.

Series: The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mocking Jay

Series: The uglies
The pretties
The specials
The extras

The book of mormon
The Mansion
Peter Pan
The boy in the stripped pajamas
The secret life of bees
A christmas carol
The Help
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
The sisterhood of the traveling pants
Pride and prejudice
The da vinci code
The faith and fate of David Ghent
The adventures of Tom Sawyer

There it is. If you want to know about any of the books I'll be happy to let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment