Dane and I feel so incredibly lucky to have our little Tyson. Dane shared a thought with me that it's strange how if we were babysitting we would be like, "oh my, when are this kid's parent's getting back!" Since Tyson is ours he was wondering if he would get that exasperated feeling, but, (lucky for me) Dane said he doesn't feel any of that and Tyson is just a part of our family. We didn't have to "make room" for him, he just slipped right into his spot here.
I am getting used to being a mom. It's been quite a change of pace and hard to figure out how you can still get things done. Looking for tips on that one...
For those of you that like details of birth stories, you won't get much here. But here are some highlights:
2:10 am: wake up and have two contractions on the second contraction (2:20 am) my water breaks.
2:10-6:50 - continue to have contractions.
6:50- Dane wakes up to his alarm (he was going to go on a run with friends), he walks into to bathroom (where I happened to be right then) I look at him and just say, "I'm in labor." Dane's response was, "Really?!" I had to reaffirm that yes indeed I was in labor. Then he asked if my water had broken.
8:30 - We call L&D to let them know the situation and get the thumbs up that we should head in there.
9:17 - Admitted to the hospital and was already dilated to a 7! woo hoo!
1:45 - Go time.
ya-da ya-da ya-da
Doc's think Tyson is transverse
ya-da ya-da ya-da
Different doc's think Tyson is sunny side up
ya-da ya-da ya-da
5:00 pm - Tyson makes his appearance!!!
It was quite a flurry from 4:45 to 5:00. We had a great pediatric team that was able to take care of Tyson as soon as he was born and get him breathing after about a minute and a half. He had pretty terrible color and was as limp as a dead fish when he first came out. After some ventilation he started to come around.
A swollen mom and Tyson. This was after lots of the swelling went down. The nurses warned each other on the switch of shifts that it looked like I had taken a bat to the face or something like that. One of the nurses on the last day walks in and says, "Oh you aren't as swollen as they warned me about."
The cheeky little guy.
Our first family picture as a family of three.
My two favorite boys. My heart explodes looking at this picture.

Oh, he is a very handsome little guy. Love his dark hair and his cute cheeks! Congratulations! You'll be an amazing Mom! And tips on how to still get things done....I am still figuring that out day in and day out. ;) But their neediness does die down some. Good luck with all of the adjusting and I am excited to see more pics! Are you on instagram?
ReplyDeleteAdorable. Well done you two. Will be excited to meet little Tyson.
ReplyDeleteI loved reading your birth story. Congrats to all of you! Oh and just so you know....you heart will always feel like it is going to explode when you see pictures of Dad and baby!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you were pregnant! I am so excited for you guys. Congrats!!
ReplyDelete