Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Dane and Aimee’s story
Once upon a time in a land far, far away… Ok. Just kidding Provo, Utah isn’t a far away magical kingdom. I’m going to introduce the Aimee and Dane situation, which just so happens to have started in… Provo, Utah. We met in September of 2008. Dane and I remember our first “real” conversation on the “grassy knoll” in between our apartment complexes. After we started dating we confessed that conversation was the beginning of interest on both sides… Good thing we were on the same page there. During that conversation we established that we were both employees of the Missionary Training Center. There was an upcoming zone party and I asked him if he was going to go… he said he was. Really, I was just looking for an opportunity to spend time with this cute guy that had peaked my interest… So I said that we should go together. We continued to date through out the semester, and have fond memories of volleyball games, basketball games, movies, ice cream, and studying in the Harold B. Lee Library. Over Christmas break we were calling and texting every day. We both beat our personal recor
ds for longest phone conversation. Winter semester rolled around and we continued to have fun with more basketball games, weekend trips to Ouray CO, (with 8 other couples!) and Anaheim CA (with my family), BYU basketball games, concerts, plays, intramural basketball, inner tube water polo intramurals (we were both on the team), my soccer games, city league basketball, more movies, parties, and tons of fun. We got engaged over Easter weekend in Grand Junction Colorado when Dane arranged with the Easter bunny to have an extra special egg hunt! We are so excited to get hitched in August! In reality the next two and a half months are going to fly by, and pretty soon we’ll be dropping “or soon to be” from the title of this blog. ☺
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah for blogs!!! I hope all the planning is going well. We are moving June 5th!
ReplyDeleteGood start guys!! Well done. We are excited for you in your happy time.
ReplyDeleteYAY! Did you know that Wes proposed to me on Easter also? With an Easter Egg hunt?! How cool for you guys!
ReplyDeleteI found you! August is coming up so soon! Getting nervous yet? Plans coming along alright? I miss you!
ReplyDelete