Monday, July 20, 2009
Time flies? Says who… ?
I never knew time could move so slowly. As Dane and I approach our wedding date time seems to be playing a trick on us. I was on the phone with my soon to be mother-in-law talking about how the wedding was just around the corner. It was funny to hear her perception of time. She was saying how quickly it had come up, and how time is just going to fly right by. However… the trick seems to be on me! Being the one that is waiting to get to the altar, time in my world just crawls by. I’m sure this is a familiar story for those that have done that whole marriage thing… and they have given advice that marriage requires a lot of patience. I may add to those that come after me that actually getting to the temple requires patience as well as determination. So here we are with marriage license and recommends in hand, in the starting blocks, waiting for the gun to fire. We’ve taken care of wedding flowers, tuxes, and tulle. Now it’s just a plane ride and a Sox game away. We are excited to get married and start our lives together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so proud of you for posting :D And I remember how SLOWLY time went for me! It seemed like the wedding would never come! Just keep plugging along till it gets here. Because after that, life is going to be so great! I love being married to such a great guy like Wes--and I know you'll love being married to a great guy like Dane!
ReplyDeletethat's the worst, huh?! i would have done ANYTHING to have our wedding get there sooner. it's just as bad when you're preggers waiting for your due date. :) i'm so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteHello aimee! I sure hope you remember me! We met a while ago! Dane and I knew each other from a while back and I just wanted to say that I'm so excited for you guys this weekend! We still have your announcement on our fridge! it's such a cute picture--good luck this weekend! it's one to remember!!
ReplyDeleteHa ha! I totally know how you feel! I had my wedding planned out in March, and had to wait until June to get married... But time will fly. It's like the mish, the days are long and the weeks go by fast. Pretty soon, you'll be looking back on a year of marriage and saying, "Has it really been that long? And look at all we've been through in such a short time!" I love you girl!
ReplyDelete