Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Married student life

I had a realization that Dane and I are living the epitome of married student life. Yesterday I was running errands, and I knew Dane was out of class and was probably hungry since he only brought two sandwiches to school that day. I also knew I wouldn’t see him for another five and a half more hours unless I visited him on campus… So there we were, having our little family dinner, by florescent light, in the “fish bowl” of the Benson building. Married student life is also accompanied by scheduling social events around tests. Dane also has an organic chemistry test at the beginning of next week, which means I won’t see Dane much until next Wednesday. I’m looking forward to that time in about 10 years when Dane won’t have to study, or be out until the testing center closes. My friend Krystal told me, “you either struggle through a few years of school, or you struggle your whole life.” I’m “finding joy in the journey!”

2 comments:

  1. By then (in 10 years), it'll be some church meeting or soccer practice that you are planning your dinner around. Busy people tend to stay busy. Just enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AIMEE!!! I didn't know you had a blog! Yay! I loved reading all your posts and being able to see how married life is treating you! By the way, my blog is evanandsavannah.blogspot.com

    Savannah

    ReplyDelete