Friday, November 20, 2009

Victory!!!!!!!

I finally found a full-time job! Miracle of miracles! After months of prayers and I don’t even know how many applications I will be working in the admissions department for a local college. I had applied to this college back in August and I even interviewed with them… Then I wound up shooting myself in the foot by telling them that I would rather work at the campus closer to my home. It all worked out for the best though since a position opened up at the closer campus. I went in and interviewed with someone I had met during round 1. He recognized me, which was a great sign. We went through the interview process and he said that he wanted to start getting a background check on me since it would take a week and a half. As we were getting wrapped up he asked me if I had a little more time. For someone that has the power to give me a job… you bet I have time! I sat down with four team members and they went down the line asking me questions and giving their two cents. Once they had their fill the original guy came back in and asked me if I could come back tomorrow for a second interview. Then, the next day I got a job offer! Victory!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, that is so awesome!! That must feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Aimee!!!! When do you start?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee! Yay!!!! I am SO excited for you! You deserve the best and I'm so happy your job search ended victoriously!!!

    ReplyDelete