
I have had the worst luck with glass cups. I think I need to down-grade back to plastic cups... the little ones that have the optional sippy tops... I loved those cups.
I received a set of glass cups as a bridal shower gift. We were excited about them, and were happy when we saw them in Walmart... knowing that if we needed to we could buy more to fit a bigger crowd. Since storage space is limited in our kitchen we only took out 4 tall glasses and 4 short glasses. Through a series of unfortunate events we are now left with 1 tall glass and 3 short glasses. Most of the glasses were lost in slippery dish washing incidents.
The most recent incident was so bizarre that it made me decide that we are done with these glasses once they all break. I was washing one cup, and I had just stuck in my spongy thing... I twisted it around the bottom once and the backside of the glass literally fell off! The edge caught my knuckle, drawing blood. Dangit.
I was just so confused at this thing!!! I didn't do anything abnormal... and Heaven knows that doing P90X doesn't make you strong enough to have glass disintegrate in your hands. I’m still confused as to how that happened.
So if you ever find yourself wanting to buy Walmart glasses… I would advise against it. I’m no cup connoisseur, but for some reason those dang things keep breaking so that leads me to believe they are just poor quality.
UPDATE: I came home from work this evening (Wednesday, March 10th) to find another broken glass on the counter. That makes the count down to 1 tall glass and 2 short glasses.
UPDATE 2: April 4th - Down another short glass... Just cracked while I was washing it.
As Beck can tell you I am anti anything that comes from Walmart, and that is a great example as to why.
ReplyDeleteour wedding glasses came from there as well, and they have broken a lot. But I love how cute they are, and I love how cold glass cups can keep things, and it just tastes better... especially milk! Mmmm... but I can understand your frustration. We have plastic ones from the dollar store as well :)
ReplyDeleteI think your cups may have been cursed or something. We have two different sets of those glasses from Walmart, we've been married for 5 years, and we still have every single one! Maybe we just got lucky!
ReplyDeleteask dane about adam breaking one of our glass cups and dane making a joke about it, if he doesn't remember we'll remind him
ReplyDeleteSarah, you are lucky. I think you just got the one good batch! :)
ReplyDeleteTom and Lisa - Dane was trying to remember and couldn't remember it all.
I have broken quite a few glasses myself but I don't think it is the quality cause even my nice glasses have broken.
ReplyDeletehahaha!!!! So Michelle, you are saying it's more of a "user malfunction?" :)
ReplyDeleteSo I am not a glass-breaker (my little guy can do a number though) but I must say that I do have something against glass cups. I don't know what it is but our glass cups never...I mean never look clean. It drives me nuts. They come straight out of the dishwasher looking almost worse than when they went in. I don't know if it is the dishwasher detergent, the dishwasher itself, or what. But the little plastic ones that go in tend to come out just fine or maybe they just hide things better. I think we may be down grading or is it upgrading to the plastic ones as well. Ya gotta love it. :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thanks for putting my Widget on the side of your blog.
We got those exact same glasses and in our almost 6 years of marriage, only 3 little ones and 1 big one have survived so far. We ended up getting a box of super thick glasses at Bed Bath and Beyond. They were pretty cheap and have lasted us a good while. So... good luck!
ReplyDeleteWe have the glass cup curse as well. We started out with 12 from IKEA and now we are down to 4.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!!