Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My GREATEST Accomplishment.

At the college I work at I deal with a lot of students and resumes. I help them work on their skills, and remember all their achievements. Recently, I was asked to grade some papers while one of the teachers was out. This assignment was to help the students realize that they have accomplishments. I was very impressed with one student in particular that listed "getting married" as an accomplishment.
I totally agreed with her considering that I gave that as my answer in a job interview for the question "what is your greatest accomplishment."
In the assignment the student has to list what skills, traits or attributes are needed for this accomplishment. I was impressed with how she answered the question. Her answers were:

1. Understanding
2. Sense of humor
3. Respectfulness
4. Generosity
5. Gratitude
6. Honesty
7. Kindness
8. Patience
9. Relationship-building
10. Trustworthiness

Those answers showed a lot of wisdom to me, and I totally agree with her. Of course that list could be extended, but I think that a large bulk of the skills needed in any good relationship are there. ...Actually, I take that back. One of the most important things that got left out was FUN!!!! (That's probably the yellow personality coming out!) So take all these attributes and you will have great relationships!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aimee! I came across your blog a little bit ago and I love it! Marriage is a great accomplishment :) Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete