One evening I checked it, as was routine, and saw a 62" and apparently in good condition. The best part was that it was only $300. We called the guys and drove over right away thinking this was too good to be true. There had to be something wrong with it, fuzzy picture, DVD's don't work, broken speakers... We got over there and it was great. I remember Dane seeing it and being so happy he had to put his hand over his mouth to hide the smile. He was thrilled we had found it. He had just gotten paid from his job, and we had cash in the car so we agreed to buy it.
We didn't have access to a truck right then, so Dane told the guy we could come get it in a few days. The guy and his roommate offered to drive it over right then in their truck... (an offer they would regret.) We said great, and started trying to move that 400+ lbs. TV. We got it back to our place pretty easily, but getting up our rickety stairs was the biggest job ever. There were several times I thought that thing was going over the railing. With a lot of grunting, and maybe a few silent swear words they got the TV up into our little attic apartment.
Recently Dane and I have been getting prepared for our move... Next April (tentatively). Thinking about it and even though we would love to keep this TV it just isn't the easiest thing to move. We had tried to sell it again on craigslist but we didn't get any bites on it. We kept posting it for $50 less then the last time we listed it. So this went on for some time, and finally someone was interested in taking it. We were happy that we wouldn't have to move it, but it was so sad when they came and took away our huge TV. I was a girly girl, and I teared up a bit.
So now our TV is gone, and I'm guessing Dane will go nuts without ESPN within the next couple weeks. We'll see how long we can go without cable. We are looking for a great deal for TV's on black-Friday. So there is a good chance we'll be getting up at 3 am, and getting in line at some store. Yuck.
no sympathy here daner, i lost my espn 2 years ago and i somehow made it through the withdrawals, the sleepless nights, cold sweats, headaches, explosive bm's... you can do it too buddy
ReplyDeleteI hear target has a 40" for $298 on Friday... we've been considering it
ReplyDeleteWhat a huge blank spot you have in your living room. (I actually think you are lucky to have gotten rid of it- everyone wants light weight thin tv's now and are willing to wait to get them just for the ease of moving them)
ReplyDeleteWas great to see you for 10 minutes last week. We miss being around family.
Thanks for your support of and encouragement of Michael. We got our awesome shirts.