Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Amazing-ness

Life has been good to Dane and me lately. For Christmas we drove back to Colorado to spend time with the Swenson's for Christmas, a birthday, and New Years. The first few days we were back Genie, my sister-in-law, and I made our application video for THE AMAZING RACE!!!

That's right folks, Genie and I have applied to The Amazing Race and we should hear back from them for call backs between now and March. That entails a flight down to Miami and wow-ing the producers. No problem. Genie and I will dazzle them with our charm and grace and our ability to COMPLETELY DOMINATE in any and all competitions. I actually don't have a clue what the call backs will be like, we just plan on being the best at it.

I'm really excited about my news, but really I should have announced Dane's news first...

DANE GOT ACCEPTED TO DENTAL SCHOOL!!! Hallelujah! Dane got a call from the Dean of Admissions up at University of Southern Nevada (actually located in South Jordan, UT) letting him know that after a unanimous vote Dane was accepted. That sounded pretty cool, but we also think it's a ploy to get him to go there. We're still waiting to hear back from other top pick schools, but we are relieved and grateful that we have the first acceptance under our belt. We have a lot to be grateful for and now once Genie and I win The Amazing Race we'll have dental school all paid for!

It was a great Christmas Season and now we have to get through Dane's last semester of his undergrad. That may be the trick with him taking 16.5 BYU credit hours. I may never see my husband till the end of April... actually I won't see him for the next 4+ years soo.... We'll manage somehow. All in all, life is great!

5 comments:

  1. First, yay for your blog! I am adding you to my list so I can follow your life a little more closely:) Including the excitement with the AMAZING RAC!!!!!!!! Hands down, of everyone I know, you are the one person I can see on it, and winning it! Just don't get hit in the face with a watermelon when you make it on:) That looked way too painful! Well best of luck, and can't wait for the update!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Aimee! One of my friends and her husband are actually doing the Amazing Race next season. Pretty stoked for them. That would be awesome if you got in too...although I wouldn't know who to root for...haha! Congrats Dane! That's so exciting! I know how it feels to not get to see your husbane...mine is taking 30 credits...but that's normal. Ick! One more year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such great news Aimee! Good luck with the last stretch of schooling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you guys! That is awesome news!! I hoping that comes our way in the next year! Maybe we could all end up at the same place. That would be awesome! Sounds like things are going great, can't wait to see you on TV. We all need to get together soon, it's been awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! That is awesome Aimee! I hope you get picked :) And congrats again to Dane!!! That is a huge accomplishment and I am excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete