I am not a patient person. Period. I don't know how many of you have taken the "Christ-like Attribute" test in the back of Preach My Gospel, but every time I take that test I always score lowest in that section.
This unfortunate lack of patience makes life difficult. Specifically, driving, waiting to hear from The Amazing Race, and dental school.
I learned to drive in Boston, so driving in Utah may be one of the most frustrating things on the face of the planet. I seriously doubt that I can take a drive and not get annoyed at least once. I'm constantly yelling "GO!" or "Are you... Serious?/Kidding Me?/An Idiot?" I told that to one of my co-workers that told me that I was a very sweet girl. I'm not sure if he still has that opinion.
Waiting to hear back from The Amazing Race is also a struggle. I don't know when we are going to hear back from them, and I think that I am going to give myself an ulcer in the process. I am constantly thinking about it and hoping that I get an unrecognized number calling me letting me know that they are ready and waiting for Genie and me to come and WOW them. So fun! We anticipate knowing about everything by March.

Dental school has been interesting. This past week we had to let Roseman University (University of Southern Nevada, in South Jordan, UT) know if we were coming there. We were also waiting to hear back from Tufts University (Boston, Massachusetts). So we played some tricky games, and called Tufts to see if they had accepted Dane. Technically we were supposed to wait and get the offer online or in the mail, but we had to let the other university know. (Patience is not one of Dane's qualities either.) Dane knows a girl that works in the office there so a phone call later... Dane got accepted!!! So now we have told Roseman that we won't be attending school there, and are now riding the Tufts wave. We are still holding out for Midwestern (on the waiting list), and our number one pick Colorado (interviewing there on March 12th). We are happy we have all these options, and are keeping our fingers crossed for March.
I am so with you on the lack of patience but I am working on it. Can't wait to hear back on your Amazing Race news and of course where dental school will take you.
ReplyDeleteto dane: don't become a red sox fan if you end up in boston...
ReplyDeleteWow! Sounds like you have a lot going on!! If you get on the Amazing Race, I will definitely watch that season. I've never seen it before, but I will become a fan for you!
ReplyDeleteto tom: if Dane doesn't STAY a Red Sox fan I will divorce him.
ReplyDeleteGO SOX!