Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Work

I have an admission to make. I can't wait until I'm a mom. Most of my friends and extended family have babies or are expecting and I always get so excited for them. I get to play with my nephews and "niece" and I think it's so fun... (Not including the blow-out incident, or not being happy when I'm babysitting, etc.) I also have to admit that I go through phases where I'm like, "I'm not sure about this whole 'kids' thing." Then there are times that I'm excited by the idea of it. I can't really internalize the responsibility of being a parent, but I'm sure that will come once I'm expecting. My point is that no matter what job I find in the future, I am sure that it will not make me as happy as being a mom will.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Although I think you won't internalize the responsibility of being a parent until you actually HAVE the baby! I know the whole time I was pregnant with West, I couldn't believe I was going to be a parent :D And of course now, I don't know how I'm going to take care of two. I guess it just comes little by little. You have the right attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true, Aimee. I have found after becoming a mother that it's truly "more" of everything. It's more work, stress, exhaustion, and heartache. But it is also far more joy, happiness, excitement, and entertainment. I think that's true with every new step in life, but this one has been the most worth it. And you will be a wonderful mother. No doubt about that.

    ReplyDelete