Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Joplin Missouri has my sister and brother-in-law

I think about my home town and all the memories I have there. I think it is so fun going home and visiting... even though we will be moving back there soon. But then to think that a natural disaster has happened there and destroyed a large chunk of the town.
Maybe seeing on the news where I worked some summer jobs, or the high school I attended and both locations were totally destroyed. It would be heart breaking. This is what my brother-in-law Sean had to deal with. The tornado that hit Joplin Missouri on May 22nd 2011 missed his family's home. Unfortunately it didn't miss his neighbors, church leaders, friends or places he had worked. Within a few days of the news Sean and Nikki, my sister, decided they could put their lives, careers, and LSAT on hold to travel down to Joplin and lend a hand.
I am so impressed with their willingness to give service and devote the next month of their lives to this relief cause.
Before they left I made sure Nikki was going to keep us updated with what they are going through. She created a blog you are welcome to read and hear their stories. They have only been there a week, but already have had unique experiences and will continue to write about them. Thank you Sean and Nikki for being examples to us all! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I didn't realize that Sean was from Joplin! Thanks for sharing. They will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great Example she is to all of us! I am so proud of her! Your parents raised her well!

    ReplyDelete