Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Goodbye Provo

It still doesn't fee like we have left Provo and moved on with our life. Dane and I have spent five years of our lives in Provo, two of those years as married people. Although Provo get's a lot of heat for being a bit strange, it has always treated us well and we are going to miss it. Our last weekend in Provo was a great reminder of why we are going to miss it. Friday night we went out with my sisters, Sean and Casey. Casey is my sister's boyfriend. We headed up to Trafalga and had fun mini-golfing, laser tagging, merry-go-rounding, go-carting, and dippin' dot-ing.


















 Then, we made a quick trip down to DC to visit our cousins Kathryn and Austin... ;)
 















After a few more rounds we headed up to Mt. Rushmore!
























LASER TAG!!! We were the red team, and we dominated... Well, not really. We came in third place out of four teams.We hit up the merry-go-round, which Sean so willingly helped out the attendant. She didn't punch our cards to use up our points. I noted that after the ride, Sean replied "why should she? I did all the work!" Meaning he pressed the green button to get the party started.
Then the go-carts...

We were well behaved, Jenny only bumped me a few times. The boys on the other hand... They got a talking to after they had bumped each other multiple times and run each other into the guard rails.















Saturday we spent packing and cleaning. We said good bye to our little attic apartment. It was a little emotional actually saying goodbye on Sunday. Here's our little apartment!
Our stairs that were falling apart and shook everytime we walked up or down them.



You can see our kitchen window up on the top floor there.







There you can see our bedroom window... Yes, we did have to jam our bed in between the sloping ceiling and the other wall (which was also sloped at the top.) We loved our little ghetto apartment.






















Dane is such a good husband. He did the dishes most of the time. I'm a lucky girl. We are thrilled that our new apartment in Boston will have a dishwasher and a washer and dryer.

That night we went to the Stadium of Fire! It was AMAZING!!!! They did such a good job with the fireworks. David Archuletta was fun, and Brad Paisley was awesome. He has a great voice, a great show, and great lyrics. Special shout to James and Tracy for letting us come with them. James' work sponsored the event so we got dinner, t-shirts, and picture perfect seats.

6 comments:

  1. I can relate. It was emotional when we said good bye to our sweet apartment. Even with all the things we hated and couldn't wait to move away from, it was still sad to go. And BTW: we love, LOVE having a washer/ dryer and dishwasher. Life is complete now! :) --And hopefully the thrill of them never wear off so I will keep up with both the laundry and dishes all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun that you are on to new adventures. Yea! Oh and I love, love your hair!!!! Can I steal it? I mean really, what did you tell the person who cut your hair? I want tips on how to go about it, if I dare. I always get back to the long hair but I may go short again, just once. ;) Seriously want your thoughts though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was bittersweet leaving provo for us too. but it's so fun to see what comes next! love the shout out, you guys HAVE to come see the real deal :) & seriously that rushmore picture could pass for the real thing if i didn't know better. haha safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were also very sad when we left Provo. It is hard, especially when you leave good friends and family behind. But how fun for you to go start off brand new. We LOVE the feeling of possibility a new place brings.

    On another note...Jeremy and I are thinking (very seriously) of moving to Boston. That is where you are moving to and where you are from, right? I was wondering if you could give me some pointers and suggestions on where to look for cheap apartments, what areas we should avoid, and any other info that is important. Also it seems like every place has lead paint. Is that common?

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS You can call me if you like :) 801-822-3982

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aimee! First off, you look so gorgeous!!! And second--I'm amazed that you went skydiving!! How fun!! I hope all the moving went well and that your trip out to the east goes well too!!

    ReplyDelete