Sunday, October 16, 2011

Topsfield Fair

It has been so fun being home and bringing Dane to come and do the things that I grew up doing. It was the Topsfield Fair this month! :) And it was awesome! Dane got to see his first elephant in real life.
Dane has never been to a zoo before, but the petting zoo at the fair was one step closer.  It was fun seeing Dane admire the huge animal, and watching the workers hold out cookies  for the elephant and it grabbing the cookies with it's trunk and bring them up to his mouth, also watching the elephant "sweeping" some hay up off the ground.  Dane said that the elephant is his new favorite animal.
 We checked out the chickens...
This was such a funny chicken.
Here's some of the fun!
We went walking by the stand where my brother was working.  He worked 13 hour days at times. 
My aunt Tammy is a fire fighter, so we got to see her all dressed up in her fire woman uniform.  

We went and saw the petting zoo (the elephant), pig races, the bee hives, the flowers, vegetables, the weighing of the giant pumpkins, the art work, the money pole, the Bengal tigers, the sheep, we also went on the rides!!! The first time we went to the fair we had two free rides.  We went on this ride that we thought wouldn't make us dizzy and sick.  We were wrong.  So after that we went and did bumper cars.  I really wanted to go on the ride "The Zipper." I have a history with this ride. It took me years and years to get up the nerve to try it out, and when I finally did I loved it.  Dane took one look at that ride and just knew it would make him sick.  He is such a good sport and decided that he would go and just suck it up so his adrenaline junkie wife could love life.  I didn't want to make my husband sick, so we postponed that amazingness for later.  When we did return the next week we went on The Zipper and it was just as good as I remembered.  I was nervous it would make me sick or something now that I'm an adult. Nope.  I loved it! Better yet, Dane loved it also!  It was great.  We will definitely be going on that again next year! I can hardly wait.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe Dane has never been to a zoo. Heck, I think he went with me once. :)
    The chicken is a Polish. They are totally crowned, and the babies look like they have a little pompom on their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like SO much fun!

    Guess what! Jeremy and I are moving to Boston at then end of next month. It looks like we will be in the Arlington Ward. What ward are you guys in? I would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you guys are doing great!! happy to see it! miss you guys~

    ReplyDelete