Tuesday, November 29, 2011

More than I thought

So I was going to post about Thanksgiving and putting up our Christmas tree and the joys of that; but as I loaded pictures from our camera I noticed a bunch of pictures that were just fun.  So I thought I'd share the pictures and just a little bit about what we were doing in each one! 
 In October my brother-in-law Sean and I decided to go skiing.  We both wore two wetsuits.  Sean "warmed" them up for me. He was brave and went first.  I wouldn't have done it if it weren't for Sean coming back with glowing reviews of the experience. 
 The sisters getting nails and hair done on Friday, October 14th. The day of the reception. 

October 15th! The day of the wedding!
 ...and after the family dinner.
 During Halloween we went over to Salem and watched Hocus Pocus on the commons. 
 Salem loves their witches.
 Then in November my aunt Tammy and I went and auditioned for The Amazing Race.  We had 60 seconds to say why we would be good on show.  I ended up doing most of the talking... 60 seconds goes quickly.
Dane's anatomy teacher has an "in" with a Chinese restaurant so we went with 150 of Dane's closest classmates to enjoy a 10 course Chinese meal.
One of those courses included baby squid.  Yes we did eat it.  Little tentacles and suctions cups and all!
 Then the day before Thanksgiving we went to the tree lighting at Quincy Market downtown. 
There was a live band.  We enjoyed singing along to a few songs and doing some window shopping. 

So there are a few things that we've been up to lately.  I've been thinking that I didn't have much to blog about since our lives are pretty steady.  I surprised myself.  Life is great. I have a great husband and things couldn't be better. 

3 comments:

  1. how fun! i love that you guys are always running around doing something new. waterskiing in a freezing lake in the fall sounds particularly awesome. i would have totally joined in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston looks like a fun place to be this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Kathryn... Next year you need to come on up in October!!! I'll hold you to it.

    ReplyDelete