Sunday, April 22, 2012

Six flags over spring break

This past week was Dane's spring break.  If you asked him what he did during his spring break he'd probably say "nothing." And he'd be mostly correct.  Except! I took a day off and we headed west... Towards Springfield Massachusetts.... We had a blast!

We rode rides non-stop.  We started out on Bizarro.  It was NUTS.  I rode this ride a bunch in high school with my awesome cousin Sara that I had to talk into each time we rode it.  We have this awesome picture of us screaming our heads off and she looks TERRIFIED!  When we rode it before it had shoulder restraints that made you feel secure.

When Dane and I went this week it was our first ride of the day.  They changed the shoulder restraints to a lab belt... and it was SCARY!!!!  I normally eat these things up and I was scared! It was awesome.




 ...and us after narrowly escaping death.

 This ride was one of the first real ones that Dane ever enjoyed as an eleven-year-old.  He told me about how he was freaking out when he got strapped into this one and was put in his place by Grant that just said "we're going Dane. We're going!"  It was a sweet ride.

Now on our way to the next ride (Batman) we walked past a carnival game that involved basketball.... Dane's attention was perked.  We watched a teenager try and score 8 baskets (out of 12 tries and 3 of those tries are worth 2 points.) When you get 8 points you get a jersey.  If you get 4 points you get a team banner.  If you get 10 points you get both.  This teenager only got 3 points. That got Dane's wheels turning.  Regulation size hoop, ball and 3-point line.  This has Dane's name written all over it.  But it cost $10 to even try.  That is pretty steep.  So we headed over to Batman.  
 Batman was crazy.  Several upside-down moments and crazy turns.  It was probably our favorite ride.  We rode it twice.  We needed a little break after this since we had hit up about 5 or so rides so far.  So we sat down and had lunch.  All the while Dane was telling me about the variables that the basketball players were dealing with... these included the wind, not being warmed up, more wind, not being used to the ball, if, indeed, the hoop and rim were regulation size, the shoes he was wearing... we decided that it probably wasn't worth it.  Dane had decided that he wouldn't do it. 
 About four and a half minutes later I snapped this picture...Dane poking his head around the corner to eye the basketball... again.  So we wandered up the park and took a nice leisurely ride on a gondola.  Dane informed me on this ride that if the wind died down he would "maybe try the basketball game."  (Did anyone not see that coming.)
 We rode both of those rides you can see behind me.
The red one (Flash back) was not a good ride for our developing headaches.  (We had both given ourselves headaches from screaming so much on the rides.) After that ride we were pretty much done.  We took a break and headed back up the park when Dane noticed that the wind had died down.  He told me, "I think I might do the 3-point challenge."  I responded, "I know." 

 Here's Dane's video of the 3-point challenge.  I was busy watching him, so I didn't do a good job video taping it.  Awesome!

 ...And Dane didn't disappoint!  What a man! He got 9 points and scored himself this awesome Celtics jersey! What a funny guy.
We had so much fun and rode rides until we were too sick to ride anymore. 

1 comment:

  1. Go Daner!!!
    I did see that coming Aimee- just like you did.

    ReplyDelete