I have been to a lot of sporting events, and watched a ton of them on t.v. in my life, but this is one of the cooler sporting events that I have ever witnessed. There were so many people that were just excited to be there. Everyone cheers for every competitor and it made it a very positive atmosphere. It was inspiring to see each of these runners as they gave their all at the end of 26.2 miles.
I
got off of the Orange Line at Back Bay and was trying to meet up with
our friends, Jeremy and Katie Clover. This is the group of people that I
was greeted with as I was trying to get up close to the race. I got
down there hoping to be able to see the finish of the men's race. I
wanted to see just how fast these guys were really running at the end of
their marathon. These competitors did not disappoint.
I just wanted to catch a picture of all of the people there. You can barely see where the finish line is in the top left corner of this picture.
Jeremy and Katie were on the other side of the race than where I was in that first picture, so I had to go an extra mile around the finish line until I could cross and get over to their side. They had been there all day long. I spent an hour downtown watching the race and they got there about 4 hours before I did!
Nike town was just around the corner from where we watched the race, so I had to stop in. They had a few unique things out for the event on race day. They had a treadmill by the running shoes, so people could really try running in their shoes before they bought them.
I thought this was a great girls shirt. Heart Breaker, but written with a Boston accent. I wanted to buy it for Aimee, but she resisted and did "not need another" nike shirt. I'm smart with money, but when it comes to great stuff like this, I am a little too impulsive. Thank goodness for Aimee being grounded. But I did tell her we'd have to get her a shirt from the boston marathon one of these years that we are here.
There was also a company giving free massages. And another giving free frozen yogurt. There were a ton of people in there and I think that nike's event day had to have been a successful one.
Sounds way fun! I would love to witness the Boston Marathon one of these days! Thanks for the post Dane!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I wish I was fast enough to run in the Boston Marathon! My best friend lives in Boston right now and they watched too.
ReplyDelete