Monday, March 31, 2014

Christmas... in March?

Yes, I am posting about Christmas... 
Christmas break was so much fun.  We were able to spend Christmas in Massachusetts and then after Dane's birthday we headed down to Florida with my entire family.  We had quite the experiences down there. 

My mom had booked this vacation through one of those time share agencies.  Big mistake.  It made for quite the interesting trip, which included one less rental car than expected.  But more importantly they provided a hotel that didn't deliver on promises - Including indoor pool (Ok, we could live with out that), cribs that we had reserved for the 3 babies in the family ("I think that we may have some in some hidden room, but I don't know where that is."), room keys (Yes, we had to have someone from the front desk let us into our room every time we left our room for the first day), clean rooms (we had a complementary pair of dirty panties hanging from our lamp shade when we arrived), toilet paper (my sister's room came sans T.P.),bed sheets (of the several rooms and several beds we had only 1 or 2 had both a top and bottom sheet), hot water (I guess the hot water heater broke...), food (It will be here in 45 minutes... 2.5 hours later we're still waiting), or good clean food (I got food poisoning - which has been the only time I've thrown up since I got pregnant).

Regardless of the terrible hotel we had a great time!

We went to Disney World - The magic kingdom, Animal kingdom, Epcot Center, and the Hollywood place.  We had gotten the list of the "must see's and must ride" for each of the parks. That made each day more efficient since we had a game plan. 

Most of the gang. Jeremy and Daniel were in a different park this day. 


Yes!!!! "Race track" at Epcot. 

Our speedy safari... These are called Grant Zebra's... all except the on one the right. 

 Dane and I saw that they had the Orange Bowl (or Citrus bowl) only a couple miles from our hotel. So we went to check it out. What a cool venue right on the water.

Not sure what to say about this one.  My dad has an affinity towards ducks? 


 Good look for Jeremy.


Happy New Years from Epcot Center!



Nikki was literally cowering from the dinosaur. :) so funny! 

Then we went on our quick cruse... 1 day in the Bahamas.  This was more our speed.  We got to spend a day on the beach and we went swimming in the ocean. There was also a little water slide and pool that we took advantage of. There is just something about sand, sun and water that you can't beat. 


While on the boat we had fun playing shuffle board, going to the comedy show, and hanging out with the family.  
Christmas break was a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment