I am
finally pregnant! It took a long time and it was a big shock when it finally did
happen. Because we had experienced so much disappointment previous to
that I think that we definitely had more caution about getting our hopes
up at the beginning. I really didn't start getting excited until
after a couple doctors appointments when I was about 15 weeks.
At my first doctors appointment the doctor gave me the check up and her comment was, "woah, you're big." (Even though I wasn't showing at that point.) At our ultrasound the tech said that our baby was measuring with a due date of April 9th... 7 days before my actual due date. Once I hit 27 weeks and they started measuring my belly then I have consistently measured a week and a half or two ahead of where I am gestationally. I figured I wouldn't be so lucky as to have this baby a week early, but rather that I would just have a big baby. My doctor confirmed that that was most likely the case.
It has been fun getting to "spend time" with our little guy. I have laughed at some of the funny things that he has done as well as stopped mid sentence when he has kicked some vital organ that left me breathless.
Here are a few in utero stories about our baby:
During the ultrasound we were looking at a cross section of his head. We could see his little head spinning 360 degrees and we were all surprised with how active he was. He wasn't shy at all, and when they would be looking at something other than him he would come swimming into the picture. The tech's thought that was pretty funny, and so did we.
It was about 3:00 am, and I was up for my nightly visit to the bathroom. Once I got back to bed and had been laying down for a little while I felt our baby kicking quite a bit on my left side. If my belly were a clock it would have been at the 9:00 position. About 20 seconds later I feel him running on the inside of my belly or just kicking as he spun around in there. Going back to the the clock analogy... he kicked me at 11:00, 1:00, 2:00, 4:00... all in about 4 seconds.
My belly had just started to get bigger, so after finishing some cereal one day I put my bowl on my bump. Right then he kicked the bowl and made the spoon rattle around.
I was lying down to go sleep and had been comfortably resting for about 10 minutes. I readjusted a blanket to help support my belly. In the process of doing this I woke him up and he did not like this blanket that was now encroaching on his space. He kicked and kicked at it to make it go away. Shortly after I moved the blanket he settled down and we both went to sleep.
I was sitting at work at felt movement, so I look down to see this perfectly shaped mole hill poke up about a half inch... then back down, then back up... then back down.
Last night I'm in that stage where I'm almost asleep. He had been squirming around so I was mostly used to that, but then all of a sudden the kid boots the heck out of me and sends a shock through me like an electrical current. I gasp and tell Dane what happened. He comforts me like a little kid that's scared of thunder. What a funny man.
Then this morning, I wasn't sitting with the best posture and since this boy has really been dominating my body cavity lately he seems to think that he owns the joint... but he starts treating my ribs like he did that blanket that I had shoved under my belly for support. He seems to think that my ribs are an intrusion on his space. So, he kicked at them until I sat up straight.
Dane and I have loved our time together just the two of us. It has also been fun starting this journey and trying to fathom what our lives will be like in just a few short weeks.
Less than a month to go!
At my first doctors appointment the doctor gave me the check up and her comment was, "woah, you're big." (Even though I wasn't showing at that point.) At our ultrasound the tech said that our baby was measuring with a due date of April 9th... 7 days before my actual due date. Once I hit 27 weeks and they started measuring my belly then I have consistently measured a week and a half or two ahead of where I am gestationally. I figured I wouldn't be so lucky as to have this baby a week early, but rather that I would just have a big baby. My doctor confirmed that that was most likely the case.
It has been fun getting to "spend time" with our little guy. I have laughed at some of the funny things that he has done as well as stopped mid sentence when he has kicked some vital organ that left me breathless.
Here are a few in utero stories about our baby:
During the ultrasound we were looking at a cross section of his head. We could see his little head spinning 360 degrees and we were all surprised with how active he was. He wasn't shy at all, and when they would be looking at something other than him he would come swimming into the picture. The tech's thought that was pretty funny, and so did we.
It was about 3:00 am, and I was up for my nightly visit to the bathroom. Once I got back to bed and had been laying down for a little while I felt our baby kicking quite a bit on my left side. If my belly were a clock it would have been at the 9:00 position. About 20 seconds later I feel him running on the inside of my belly or just kicking as he spun around in there. Going back to the the clock analogy... he kicked me at 11:00, 1:00, 2:00, 4:00... all in about 4 seconds.
My belly had just started to get bigger, so after finishing some cereal one day I put my bowl on my bump. Right then he kicked the bowl and made the spoon rattle around.
I was lying down to go sleep and had been comfortably resting for about 10 minutes. I readjusted a blanket to help support my belly. In the process of doing this I woke him up and he did not like this blanket that was now encroaching on his space. He kicked and kicked at it to make it go away. Shortly after I moved the blanket he settled down and we both went to sleep.
I was sitting at work at felt movement, so I look down to see this perfectly shaped mole hill poke up about a half inch... then back down, then back up... then back down.
Last night I'm in that stage where I'm almost asleep. He had been squirming around so I was mostly used to that, but then all of a sudden the kid boots the heck out of me and sends a shock through me like an electrical current. I gasp and tell Dane what happened. He comforts me like a little kid that's scared of thunder. What a funny man.
Then this morning, I wasn't sitting with the best posture and since this boy has really been dominating my body cavity lately he seems to think that he owns the joint... but he starts treating my ribs like he did that blanket that I had shoved under my belly for support. He seems to think that my ribs are an intrusion on his space. So, he kicked at them until I sat up straight.
Dane and I have loved our time together just the two of us. It has also been fun starting this journey and trying to fathom what our lives will be like in just a few short weeks.
Less than a month to go!
It would seem that this is NOT going to be one of those babies who enjoys being swaddled (wrapped up snugly in a blanket).
ReplyDeleteShould I be that lucky... We'll have to wait and see! If he doesn't then I won't have to worry about re-swaddling him in the middle of the night.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you. This is the beginning of another journey. Have a great last month.
ReplyDelete