We’re finally moved into our new home! After being displaced for a couple weeks after our wedding, we were able to move into our apartment. We flew back into Provo the day after Nikki and Sean’s wedding, with the plan to move into our apartment the next day. Our land lady knew we were planning on moving in that day, so we called her first thing Monday morning to see if we could come pick up the key… While we waited for a call back we loaded up the car with stuff and sent my dad and Dane over to the drop off stuff in the parking lot of our apartment. They returned with the key the previous tenants had left inside the apartment. Good thing Dane is practiced in carding doors! So we got moved in that day! We called our landlady again on Wednesday, and had our call returned on Thursday.
Moving in was great! Learning the quirks of the place is even greater. Here’s the run down of our apartment. We are in the upstairs apartment in a “converted attic.” It’s really fun. The second bedroom slopes down to the farthest corner, making it a convenient spot to store balls. There was some sort of weird goo on the walls and windows, which wouldn’t come off with regular cleaner. Don’t worry we got it off with a razor blade and extra scrubbing with a magic eraser. The master bedrooms’ ceiling slopes down with the shape of the roof and our bed fits snugly between the slope and the opposite wall. Our storage space includes the old stairway that leads to the downstairs apartment. When we moved in there was an old kitchen cabinet and a couple big cans of old paint and food storage. The closet in the master bedroom is sloped so I can stand if I’m in just the right place. Dane definitely doesn’t fit, so I claimed it as my own. We share the control for the swamp cooler with the lady downstairs that must be having hot flashes all the time. I’ve taken to wearing sweatshirts and socks most days. I can’t do dishes while Dane is in the shower or I’ll freeze him, and I can’t flush the toilet either or I’ll scald him! The walls were gross, covered with dust and dirt. So after much scrubbing and two and half gallons of paint our apartment is looking great. (All the credit for the painting goes to Dane!) We are finally settled with the furniture in place and things hanging on the wall. It is close to campus so Dane walks or takes his bike every day. Brett and Jessica, our cousins, live 3 blocks away. Things couldn’t be better! We love it. Now if I could only find a job!
That JOB thing can be a pain, can't it. You guys are great to be able to fix things up and make it do just fine.
ReplyDeleteGood memories someday.
Ah. your first apartment... you will always remember it!
ReplyDelete