Next door they are remodeling. The roofing company is apparently made up of a bunch of idiots. They left a ton of roofing nails loose on the roof. These nails have an “umbrella” like attachment that gives it lift with the slightest breeze.
So the next morning along with limbs down there were nails strewn across our driveway. At first we didn’t see all of them, we just saw a few that were by our stairs. I drove Dane to class that morning, returned home, got ready for work and I was heading out when I noticed one of these nails in our tire. It was poking out the edge of the tread. I though there was a chance that it hadn’t penetrated the whole tire yet so I pulled it out… woops. Air started to “wiz” out so I pushed it back in to plug it up. I inspected the other tires and found that there were two other nails in our tires! So ¾ of our tires were unfortunately out of commission. I had to get to work, so off I went. During my lunch break I ran over to Walmart to get the tires patched. Considering the placement of the nails in the tires and that the tires would need to be replaced in the next little bit we wound up with 4 new tires. Our neighbors both wound up with 2 nails in their tires. They got away with patch jobs.
How lame. I'm sad for you.
ReplyDeleteWhat else is new with you?
Tires are a horrible thing for a girl to spend money on. The guys seem to think tires are kinda cool, but I myself don't even notice them. It's kinda like spending money on a washing machine or a roof. Who cares? But you gotta have 'em, right?
ReplyDeleteAhhh, that stinks! It can be spendy too. I just put some new ones on, and after choosing the "cheap" ones, I still dropped $550. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWALMART??? You could have taken it to Scott & he might have been able to tell you if you needed new tires or not...
ReplyDeleteIts a good thing you went to a grocery store to get your tires. Its not like you have a cousin that manages an actual tire store. Funny thing is we had some people come in the other day and walmart told them they couldnt fix their tire so they came to us to buy a new one but it turned out that we were able to fix the tire. But at least you may have been able to get a sticker from a walmart greeter - scott
ReplyDeleteHaha that comment reeked of Scott long before he signed
ReplyDeletehis name! Don't take him personally... :) I hate spending the dough on random car crap (for us it was break-ins) when you're trying to be so responsible and
keep up with all your car maintenance. My heart goes
out to you!!
There are only so many things a brain can think of under pressure! Next time our idiot neighbors blow hundreds of nails in our parking lot we'll be sure to come to you Scott! :)
ReplyDeleteYou know its my job just to give you a hard time:) That does really suck though im sorry. Your neighbors must have come in and saw us because they told me the same story and how their neighbor had to buy four tires. It Probably made you want to go put nails in the construction guys tires. Anyways you guys rock and make sure you keep in touch because we need to go out to dinner or something sometime! - scott
ReplyDelete