Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One sick update

Today I’m home sick from work. After throwing up multiple times last night, and not being able to be vertical without getting super dizzy and nauseous I thought it may be best I spent the day in bed with my bowl close by. (How’s that for a run on sentence.) I went into work for about 15 minutes. Thanks to my boss I was able to just take care of a few things and then go home. I’m testing out how soda does right now.
Here's a photo booth shot of me right now. :(

Since I’m stuck in bed I might as well write a little something. Things in the Swenson household have been going great. We are still trying to figure out how to keep the house clean now that I have a full time job, and I’m usually not wanting to clean once I get home from 9+ hours at work that day. Dane is finishing up finals for the next week and then we’ll be off to visit Grant and Genie once school and graduation are all done. SO FUN!

Over Easter weekend we had a lot of fun! We dyed Easter eggs with my family and some friends. We also played this great game. You take your eggs and you bonk them into each other and see whose egg breaks. We created a bracket and had an egg-smashing tournament. Nikki won!

Dane was having fun with his new phone, and took a video of some of the smashing! I’ll have to load it on here once he get’s home. ☺

Here's the egg smashing live.


Duke, (Dane’s favorite team since childhood) won the NCAA tournament. Dane was SO happy. To commemorate the victory he had to buy a pair of Duke basketball shorts.

Lastly, our cousins moving away! It’s so sad. We’re really going to miss Brett and Jess. Brett and Dane have been best friends since forever. They have so much fun… even in church. We were singing the closing song in Sacrament Meeting and Brett leans over to Dane with his hymnal in hand. Points to the title and tells Dane he needs to do this… “Be thou Humble.” Dane was flipping through his hymnal trying to find the song we were singing, stops flipping and replies “and you need to do this…” Tilts the book over, “Come unto Jesus.”

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a bug, or are you pregnant? ;) So we seriously need to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had our share of bugs around our house in the past bit too. No fun, no fun at all. So get better and do it quick. In other words get well soon :)

    I loved the egg-smashing tournament. We still have some eggs in the fridge maybe we will have to try our luck at it.

    ReplyDelete