Saturday, June 12, 2010

There's no place like... Provo

Dane is on another city league basketball team. He wound up in a league that is pretty lame. Because of that he doesn't get quite the work out that he would like from those games. After one of these games Dane decided to just run the couple miles back home to get a proper work out. As he was running this group of people converged on him and started running with him. Dane was pretty surprised by this and commented that he felt like Forrest Gump. So they started peppering him with questions like: "What are you running for?" "Are you running for world peace?" "Are you running for woman's rights?" "I'm trying to come up with a good idea for a t-shirt, but I haven't had any luck." "I'll follow you anywhere Mr. Gump." They ran with him for the next half a mile. Only in Provo…

In other un-related news Dane and I are now back in a singles ward. Apparently 6 or so years wasn’t enough. Dane was asked to help out in the bishopric… And I will be teaching Temple prep! The only problem with this is that Dane has meetings at 6:45 am, and doesn’t get home until 2:30 or later. It will be fun. The ward we are serving in has about a million activities going on every week. And we’ll have to have groups over every so often… I don’t know how we’ll fit 15+ people in our apartment.

3 comments:

  1. We know how this goes, funny thing is that he actually got put in the bishopric in our very own old singles ward so we still knew people there and he even had a few old roomies which made things weird at times. The other difference for us is that I already had our little man at the point so he was the only baby in the meetings thus he was very distracting and so I ended out in the hall most of the time. It was interesting and fun. You guys will be great!

    We also know how it goes scrunching a ton a people into a little apartment. Basically everyone sat on our floor and it got pretty hot but what can you do. I love it.

    Good luck with everything and I love the forest gump story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I was not one bit surprised when I read this! You guys will be great in the singles ward. I know that Wes and I LOVED every second we were able to spend with you guys. We were so sad when we finally got released. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete