Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A weird dream that's worth telling

I would just like to preface this post stating that I am not pregnant.

At work there are 6 different girls that are all pregnant. 4 of them have boys, 1 of them has twin girls, and 1 doesn't know yet. All 5 of the girls that know what they are having are all due within about 4 weeks of each other, starting in mid to late August... so bellies are growing around here. I just had a friend from church have a baby, and there are about a million girls in my ward that a pregnant (No, not the singles ward we are serving in. Awkward!) So needless to say I've seen and heard a lot about pregnancy lately.Earlier this week I was reading one of my co-workers blogs right before bed. She was talking about how she'll be full term next week. I was excited! I can't wait to see these babies! So with that on my mind I went to bed.That night I had a dream that I was full term with a baby boy. I was going into labor and Dane was off at church meetings and I couldn't get in touch with him. Thankfully enough no real pain were associated with the "dream labor pains." I have had dreams before and woken up in pain. So - my mom was in town, and we were driving around (in our old civic) trying to get to the hospital. We couldn't find the entrance to a hospital that we could see off a little ways. We were just searching and searching, going into businesses trying to get to this hospital. I don't know why we didn't ask for directions from someone, but you think of these things once you wake up. Dane's best friend James runs for the BYU track team. He was there and was assisting in search by running around all over trying to find the entrance. At one point there was a little smiling face appearing between my legs because I was running... and running causes things to drop. I said "Not yet!" and pushed that face right back in. Weirdly enough... that didn't freak me out... and even weirder... I could push that baby back in. I slowly woke up while we were still searching... Then I thought "well that was weird!"

3 comments:

  1. Niiiiice.

    We'll see if that dream comes true... HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a weird dream. Isn't it funny how we have these dreams that are totally unrealistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee!!! That is such a weirdie dream!!!! Hmm, let's hope it's not telling the future . . .

    ReplyDelete