Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Light the Y

Tuesday Dane surprised me by calling part way through the day and asking if I wanted to hike the Y? I was all over that. Then I found out that they were lighting the Y that night! How exciting! I had told Dane that before we left Provo I wanted to hike up there and see the Y lit. So I drove home, got my dinner of Captain Crunch... there's a power meal. We headed up the mountain.
Dane told me that if we were among the first 150 people to reach the top we could get a light bulb and help light the Y. So that in mind we were huffin' it up the mountain. Or, at least we started out strong. Apparently I am not in shape as much as I would like because my legs started to burn so badly and my lungs didn't feel great either. I'm just stubborn enough to not stop and take a rest. Plus Dane was about 5 yards ahead of me the whole time and I can't let the boys win! :) Dane asked several times if I wanted to take a rest. I told him No, I was training for the Amazing Race. Genie, my sister-in-law, and I have this fantasy of getting on the show. So I pushed myself up that hill in pretty good time with that dream being the motivating factor.
We got to the top and found out that we totally dominated! There were tons of lights left. We picked a light and waited for the power to get switched on so we could screw it in. I have always wondered how they lit the Y so getting to the top and finding those 25 watt light bulbs was a bit of a surprise.
It looked extraordinary and was a "dream come true." I love checking things off my bucket list.

1 comment:

  1. how cool!! I always wondered! I LOVE spur of the moment things!

    ReplyDelete