Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Construction Zone!
I don't know if it's just me... but I thought it was best not to drive heavy machinery into a natural wet land... a.k.a. swamp. Call me crazy, but I think there are much better things to do with your resources!
This is the I-15 project going on... and apparently not as successful as they would have hoped.
Notice it's a swamp! They were trying to get rid of this swamp by just filling it in with dirt. We were under the impression that the swamp came from an underground spring, so you just can't put some dirt on it and call it good... I wonder what my engineer brother-in-law would have to say about that.
It took two additional "machines" to get it out.... and that was after digging away all the loose topsoil they had just put down. People are just funny... and sometimes just stupid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England." ;)
ReplyDeleteOh Monty Python! Love it.
ReplyDeleteThat is ridiculous and pretty funny.
ReplyDelete