Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sick Swensons

I feel like I need to give a great and exciting update about the Swenson's but there isn't much to report, other then we have been sick. Not that exciting, poor Dane had the NOROvirus... commonly confused for the flu. Dane's biology classes have taught him alot and he comes home reporting things like "when people get sick and throw up and they think it's the stomach flu... they really don't. The stomach flu doesn't even really exist, it's just a common misconception." I find random statements like this ammusing and educational. Plus, they come in handy in the off-chance that you strike up a conversation with someone about the flu. I've had my own struggles since the summer but now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. So, with that little update - Dane is back up to snuff and I couldn't be happier. He claimed, via text message today, that he was feeling 100%.
Here's another random update: Dane played in my home stake's basketball tournament. It was fun watching him play basketball with my brother Daniel. I'll have to get some pictures up from that. Also, Dane and I got to see our old stake president and wife from when we were dating. It was fun seeing them again. They are serving as mission presidents of my home ward so I went up there for church. My parents also invited them over for dinner and we were able to have a fun time talking and catching up. They gave us these cool new cards that just say "I'm a mormon" or "mormon.org" with a bunch of pictures of people's faces. They fold over and you have space inside to write a little something. I'll be handing out a few of those. Now that I think of it, I'm wishing I grabbed a few more. Keep that missionary spirit alive. You can check out the cards here. Or check out the mormons here: www.mormon.org

1 comment: