My co-worker Doug was telling me a story that happened in his Sunday School. There was some sort of discussion about how women don't really need men for anything... I don't really know the whole discussion about that and I'm not looking to argue that point, but what he did say really stuck out to me. He raised his hand and said that he could think of one thing that women absolutely need men for... and that was to make them feel beautiful. He told me about his mother that had lost her husband the previous year. She was getting ready for a party or something like that and had gotten all dressed up and then just got sad. She told Doug that she just missed feeling beautiful. Her sweetheart always made her feel like the most beautiful woman around and without him she didn't have someone to compliment her on how she looked.
I thought about that and I am grateful for the man in my life that gives me confidence and makes me feel beautiful. I hope I continue to trick him through pregnancies and old age. Knowing Dane like I do, I'm positive that he will continue to keep his optimistic outlook! Thank you men! We love you for making us feel beautiful.
I really appreciate this post, Aimee. What an important reason to have the men we do in our lives. It has meant so much to me lately that while I'm exhausted every day, wearing Brenton's sweats and t-shirts because I still have my large baby bulge and am recovering from surgery, he always tells me I'm beautiful. The best part is, I know he truly means it. Husbands are the best.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Aimee! It's so true. I can always count on Wes to tell me I'm beautiful no matter what I'm wearing or how I look on any given day (including through pregnancy and after). And like Katie said, I know that he always means it! Aren't we all so lucky?
ReplyDelete