Thursday, March 17, 2011

Crafty Woman

Lately I have been inspired to be crafty. This came from a Relief Society activity where they taught us fun ways to change up clothing or things that you decorate your home with. I also have to give credit to my husband's cousin Lisa who has no fear when it comes to trying out a new project and throwing some extra paint on that wall or piece of furniture; and that's just the tip of the iceberg with her. So I know it may be baby steps, but I have done a few little "crafty" things to my clothes to make them more interesting and overall more to my liking.

First the shoes. Although bows are cute at times... I have out grown my ballet slippers. I figured I could graduate from bows on my work shoes as well.
I ripped off the bows and tried super gluing some jewels on... That didn't work. The glue wouldn't dry fast enough, and the jewels ended up slipping off.
So, I turned to hot glue. That worked much better and in a matter of minutes, I have more adult looking shoes... I hope. I guess that's more of a subjective thing.

Next, my jeans. We got some jeans on sale at Old Navy and I think they were on sale because they were so basic. I find myself looking for jeans with something cool on the butt. But of course I'm a bargain shopper to the max, so I never end up getting those cute jeans. So I decided I'd go to the store and buy some silver thread and some jean stitching thread and make up my own design.
I'm not quite done with this project yet, but it's on it's way.

Once I finish these projects I'll focus on my other areas that I'm trying to develop. On that list is: make a quilt, get my ECG/EKG certification, read a book about photography, read a book about Photoshop, and purge my wardrobe of things I don't wear.
Dane got me Photoshop for Christmas, (on a super deal) and I haven't been able to use it, because I didn't have a clue how to. This past weekend Ashley Bernal taught me a few tricks. This is what I did just messing around. It's my nephew Cooper!
Little cutie.

4 comments:

  1. I love the new shoes. I think it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to true Relief Society! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee I found your blog! Loving the craftiness :) So glad I found you so I can stay up to date on you!

    ReplyDelete